2016年9月10日星期六

New Obsession, New Life

I realised I've been missing from my blog for entire August. Was I that busy? I think It's probably a combination of busy, tired, new obsession that come all together.

My little boy has started to go to school. Well, going to school is a nicer and more grown up term we use on him. He's actually enrolled in early intervention, to address the issue of his delay development in a few areas.

Having him in intervention helps both of us. He's happy and improving. And at the same time, part of the burden on my shoulders are passed on to the centre. I've felt less depressing since his enrolment. And I need that. Before we could settle him in any centre, I cried a lot. I worry myself sick. I was almost depressed. I was in pretty bad shape. But seeing him happily involving in activities in the centre, and improving within a month, I feel more at ease now. I believe he can do it, he's just taking his time.

Some of my lettering practice
I stay around the area to wait for him to end the sessions. Three hours is not long enough to go back and forth, so staying is the only option. I would find cafes to sit down (and NOT DRINKING COFFEE!!!) and start to draw, hand lettering, read etc. I can't believe it, but I actually have plenty to do. Lettering is my current obsession. I've been into typefaces since I took up the online course of Typography. I spent $12 on four lettering pens this week, and since then, I've been lettering non stop whenever I have time. That keeps me away from my computer a lot. I am still pretty shitty in that, but I think I'm improving, like my son :)

If you notice the top left corner of the picture above, it says "It's a girl". Part of the reason I feel lethargic is that I'm carrying a new life. I'm already in second trimester, time flies! It really does! Scary! Little girl already has a name, and little girl is growing up in my belly. With the Zika virus around, we've been cutting off from all outdoor activities, no night time outing, and repellent repellent repellent! Better be safe that sorry, so we've been staying in a lot. We've become otaku! We do :P

That pretty much sums up my life currently. Busy? Yes. Tired? Yes. Am I feeling alright? Checked. I'm all okay.

Just keep swimming.

没有评论: