2016年10月20日星期四

What They Never Told You About Having Children

I am at the age most of my Facebook feeds are about babies and parenting. It's flooded with all the cute babies photos, proud parents showing us that the kids are achieving their milestones, or just plainly being cute. I am one of them, but frankly, I didn't get to show about developmental milestone.

He's been lagging behind.

So this is what nobody will prepare you for when you're pregnant. Because frankly, when you're carrying a baby, would you like to hear:"Be careful, don't be over excited and putting on too much hope, you never know what baby will turn out to be, baby may have issues you know?"

And that is exactly what happened to me. He's all cute and chubby, but, he's all lagging. In every aspect, i.e. fine and gross motor skills, speech, social skills. We sent him to early intervention centre when he's about 21-22 months old. Yes we've seen improvements but I need more because I am worry all the time. And let's be honest, if I have all the time and all the money, he should be doing physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy on weekly basis now. But he's not.

I try to tell myself, let's start with physio, the gross motor. Then we worry about the fine motor, and then, we will worry about the speech.

You can't force him.

You have to wait for him.

You're doing well, just keep going.

You're fine and he will be too.

I have to brainwash myself all these very frequently. Because, especially lately I've been stressing myself a lot. Breakdowns, breakouts (on my face), emotional swings have happened a little too much.

So this is what they never told you about having children. Things do go south, and sometimes south all the way...

Keep going, you're doing well.

Things will turn out well.

没有评论: